Monday, June 15, 2015

The music industry

On Sunday at work we shot a music video. About frosted lemonade. After seeing a sneak peak of the video I'm even more excited that when this project began. 

I was sat watching the director, rapper, camera crew, extras, family friends, family members sit around our restaurant on a day when we are typically lights off and doors locked and a surreal thought came over me. 

It's less about me and more about we. 

There was no less than 45 people there that day helping in some capacity. Some were holding babies as they slept. Some held cameras as we recorded. Some pressed play, pause, and rewind on the song. Everyone had a part to play. 

It was really beautiful how seamless this production was handled. I'm thankful for an outside the box boss, good friends and the Rap Game in general. 

Without one, we didn't get the other. And without all of the pieces it wouldn't have happened. 

Sure this post will come out on Wednesday, but I think there is a message we need to grasp: it's less about me and more about we. 

"If you're on your second one today get your hands up!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment