Sunday, June 7, 2015

"I'm not comfortable with that"

Chick-fil-A loves growth. We talk about how-to on a daily basis. Sales growth. Personal growth. Spiritual growth. Change in emotional intelligence. 

People who want to change and who want to grow seek counsel. They ask their friends for advice. They talk to their family before making big decisions. 

What I'm concerned with is how short sighted we've become at how uncomfortable it has to get in order to make the changes we are looking for. My Dad has been in the insurance business for a long time and I told him I knew some people who made it look easy and he chuckled. He laughs because that business isn't easy. And neither is the restaurant business. Truett has been recorded by saying if you asked me on the right day I would have given you the keys. 

The founder, telling us in an orientation video, he would give the business up because of how difficult it's become for him. 

I think we need to pause and say to ourselves, there's going to be discomfort. But after a while, it will get easier. 

And that's the hope we ought to hang on to. 

2 comments:

  1. Chelsea English6/29/15, 1:05 AM

    I definitely needed this. I would have been more than happy to hand over my swipe card and keys the past few days. I guess the mountaintop would be just another view without the struggle of the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The journey is what we're here for!

    ReplyDelete