Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Day that Turned My Life Around

I thought you might like to know a story about me.

The only reason that I think this story is necessary is because multiple people have mentioned it specifically to me in the past couple of weeks. It deals with my personal life change.

I was in my house with my roommate that I rent from and his mom was over. I was talking to her about my future and how I might need to stay somewhere else for a couple of months. I mentioned her second house that she has and she said these exact words, and I'll never forget what she said:

"I'll never let you live there. You are way to messy."

Boom.

Slap to the face.

My electronic mentor Jim Rohn says people change for one of two reasons, inspiration or desperation.

I said to myself that night as I was having trouble falling asleep, "I'll never have anyone say that about me ever again."

And my house, room, and things have never, and I mean never been more organized in all my life. I made myself a checklist that I wrote on my mirror and I attempt to follow it every night. The reason I say attempt is because sometimes I don't do everything on there. The next day I say to myself-"Today, I will try again."

Here is the simple list I use title "Evening Cleaning":

  • Clothes
  • Papers
  • Wipe counter down
  • Dishes
  • The Word

And that's all life ask us to do, try again.

What day turned your life around? Was it inspiration or desperation? Who said it? How did it make you feel? I'd like to hear about it in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment