Tuesday, April 29, 2014

You can tell a lot about a person by their shoes

I’m a fan of Forest Gump. 

I would like to finish the quote now-“where they going, where they been. I can’t remember my first Christmas, or the first time I went on an outdoor picnic. I bet if I think real hard, I could remember my first pair of shoes. Momma said they’d take me anywhere.”
There is ample truth to Mr. Gump’s statement. Just take a look at the athlete after a muddy day of practice, or the executive on his way to work, or the beach bum who doesn’t wear shoes. They all say something. 

Have you thought about what your shoes look like to others? Have you taken a moment and thought about what you wear on your feet and how that connects with who you are and what you are about? 

I work at a restaurant. These are the shoes I wear everyday. And the others are the worn out pair I used to wear. 

What can we tell? 

They are black, non slip, a little dirty. And used frequently. 

What does that tell you about me? 

I’m simple, maybe rough around the edges, and am learning to clean everything around me. With considerable disdain. 

I want you to take a moment and consider how you shoes will make you look today. It seems more revealing that Forest let on. 

What are your favorite pair of shoes? And how does it make you feel to wear them?

No comments:

Post a Comment