Sunday, April 6, 2014

5 Reasons to Get Fired Up to Work at Chick-fil-A

Now I know there are more than five, but these are just the basics. If you want more, create your own list and then let’s compare and see how close I might come from a list you might make.

1. Remember that what you do counts, to the end user-our guest
  • One of the main reasons to work for Chick-fil-A is because they cater to my mom and dad. When my parents are there, they get exactly what they order quickly after ordering it. They get excited about eating a chicken sandwich for dinner. It is for that reason I chose not continue to embark on my career in the sport industry. After an internship I came home and started a part time job with Chick-fil-A and was hooked. These people get excited to serve good food to good people. What I was doing mattered to someone, and I got fired up to work at a place that took care of my parents, with pride I might add. 
2. You matter. 
  • Chick-fil-A does not exist without it’s team members. One of the most powerful quotes that our founder has is, “There are no cash registers at the home office.” The money came in from the field. The work you matters. It matters to your Operator and their family. If you are a parent, it matters to your child. If you are teen still at home it matters that you get some knowledge outside of school from your place of employment. You inherently matter to your business because you are local, you contribute and you are a gold mine full of ideas that is waiting to be mined. 
3. You can have what you want if you help enough people get what they want.
  • Zig Ziggler said this one time and it has stuck with me ever since. I can have what I want? No way. For a while I did not believe it. I wanted to just do what I wanted and get what I wanted in the way that seemed right to me. And then I tried the paradoxical proverb out, and it works. Helping others get what they want clearly helps you get what you want. 
4. Chick-fil-A is just the beginning for you
  • Not everybody who works for Chick-fil-A becomes an Operator or winds up working at the home office. It just doesn’t happen that way. We know statistically that all 70,000 of our current team embers are not going to become Operators(the beating heart of the company). Most will move on to something better suited for themselves, and rightfully so. Knowing this, it is part of your role as a team member to become as knowledgeable about business as you can before you leave. When you do leave, we want you to look back and know that your time spent there was worth it. 
5. When you show up, you get paid. 
  • Every kid wants to get paid. And if you are hired at Chick-fil-A, you will get paid. In the three years working for them, I have never heard of someone earning money and not being paid for what they earned. How exciting is that? Every day you work earns yourself income. 

No comments:

Post a Comment