Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Fall down seven

Stand up eight.

Today I got an extra spoonful of humbling pie after a conversation with my boss. There is a reason that every great player has a coach. The reason being, you can't think of everything when you are playing the game.

After a tough day, I just needed to ask some questions.

Why is it I can't just figure it out?

What am I doing wrong? Why doesn't this have an easy button? Why do I continue to struggle with something I have tried to fix?

At the singular moment, I feel like I am the only person on the planet who suffers from prioritizing. If I heard it once I heard it a thousand times as a kid. "Don't let time slip away from ya Austin," she used to call as she walked by me watching another hour of TV. Powerful words from my Mom. I think I was ten. Sixteen years later I am quoting her sound advice.

How true she is.

It's hard to go back to work the next day with a smile, but I know I can do it. Core four to the max.

Same guy, more experience.

Here's to all my friends who have been knocked down, and got back up.

This one's for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment