Monday, November 3, 2014

The one where we meet the new boss

Today at Chick-fil-A...

we met for the first time as a team.

Meeting was simple, to the point and covered some of the high points of Alex's philosophy, his personality assessment, and vision statement for the store.

A couple of unique things happened that I'll share. I'm not sure if they have any insight you want to take away, but I do want to share the personality of our restaurant, so that as we go on the journey together you can have a better understanding.

1. Since it was a Sunday, things just are different and I need to share this brief conversation.
Team Member, "Would Alex mind if I used the restroom?"
Me, "He would mind if you didn't."
Team Member, "Ok, thanks."

2.  We have 30 days to make any major repairs and report them to the Corporate Office so they can fix them for us. When Alex shared with the team this information, we actually had people clap in approval. If something needs to be fixed, why hasn't it been fixed by now? Rhetorical question, but it needs asking.

I am setting a goal for myself to post on this three times a week using this similar format. I will have a title of some sort that hooks you, then I will pull back the curtain on what happens within a Chick-fil-A that is internal as opposed to what the guest sees everyday.

There have been many lessons I have learned while clocked in and working on the tile. It is my goal to share with you what I have learned along the way in a constructive fashion. Upon reading I hope you say, "Wow, that's interesting" or "I wish I would have known that before I got myself into that mess" or "I didn't know Chick-fil-A did that".

What ever the case may be I hope you continue to read and share if so inclined.

What's the silliest first-day question you have heard?

PS I usually don't have pictures, but I will post the one from today, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment