Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Presidential

Last week the President of Honduras spoke at Chick-fil-A. In February The Chick-fil-A Foundation opens up the speaker series begins again.


I wanted to share some takeaways from his time with Chick-fil-A. 

Schedule your day: I could not believe at the level of organization that this event went through to make his trip easy and efficient. The security, the time of the arrival of the food, the greeters, the contracted marketing team to help run the event, and numerous of other small things that made a difference in the event. Mark Miller says if it doesn't get scheduled, it doesn't get done. 

Travel with someone: There wasn't anyone who was alone at this event. The President traveled with an entourage. The reporters who came knew the people they were around. The home office staff for Chick-fil-A had many represented. I took a coworker with me and we had one of the most productive conversations I've ever had. I don't know if she would reply with the same, but I got to practice asking good questions just because I had a buddy to go with me. 

Introduce yourself to strangers: I got to shake a President's hand. I'll never forget it. I was taking notes-he introduced himself to everyone he met and shook hands warmly. I met a brilliant lady with tons of life experience from Singapore who had experience in bringing in dignitaries from other countries. 

I'm not sure how to phrase this next part, but my friend and I were the only team members who were able to make it. Now in a room of 300, I'm sure I missed someone, but to our knowledge we were it. How were we able to get in that kind of space with those kind of people? We decided we wanted to, we scheduled it, and we went. 

This next quote which I love to share by a business philosopher has a good way to sum up our visit the President. "If you don't make plans of your own, guess what? You'll probably always fit into someone else's plans. Guess what someone has planned for you? Not much." Jim Rohn

What do you have planned this week that's worth remarking about? 

Make it a "REMARKable" day!

No comments:

Post a Comment