Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Rome wasn't built in a day

As for my third day at Chick-fil-A:

I hopped on the position that I am weakest. Not surprised. Something tells me my boss had something to do with that. Not my buddy Alex, but my boss.

We have a great team of people at Atlanta Highway. Everyone I work with is already way ahead of where I thought they might be.

Before I started working today I said I would model the behavior I am looking for rather than ask for it. That's a tall task. Walk instead of talk. I won't know the results of my labor for probably six months. But it will be worth the wait.

As I am cleaning a machine, my mother's word echo in my brain, "Austin, you know Rome wasn't built in a day." I mumble something righteous and pass her comment off like a duck shakes water from its' back. And now her words come back to the limelight.

What sort of behavior do you see needs changing on your team? Are you the model of that behavior?

No comments:

Post a Comment