Monday, December 8, 2014

Who are you going to sit next to?

At work, we deal with people problems. All day long. There isn't a problem we have that is without a person attached to it.

After reviewing some personal notes I have on HR, I see how important that function of a business is. If you are able to get the right people on the proverbial bus, then good things start to happen.

A reflective question for you-Who have you hired to come into your life? Where have they got you going? How late do they have you staying up? What type of conversations do you have with that individual to make you stretch for a goal? If you aren't having challenging conversations with people, are you sure they're your friends?

One of my favorite parts of interviewing is the silence. I like to see how people respond when you aren't speaking. Are they comfortable? Are they uneasy? What posture does one take when silence lingers? For me, it's always been a way to get more information out of person about an answer, or it's been a way for me to see if they were confident in their first answer. Silly? Probably, but it's how I roll.

What's be a good human resources idea that you've used that seems to help you get the right people on the bus?

More on associations.

No comments:

Post a Comment