Sunday, December 21, 2014

Find the others

There is nothing new under the sun.

We know there is purpose to our day. If you haven't figured it out yet, you might need this

I have an idea about connecting a group of people who aren't currently connected. 

I work in Chick-fil-A and we have a lot of resources, but our most valuable resource-people, are not being utilized to our fullest potential. 

My idea is an Operationally Driven Discussion Forum to happen within the walls of our intranet. All over the country-Tampa, San Antonio, and multiple other places on the East coast groups of leaders are meeting together to solve problems in their own restaurants. They idea share, collaborate, discuss, examine, quiz, and find out about each other's business. Meetings are a great way to share. 8-12 people get in a room once a month and talk about what's going on with them. It's already happening and it's making those teams better.

It's REMARKable. It's building community. It's solving real problems together. It's creating raving fans.  

Our hinderance as a company comes when we are not connecting Tampa with San Antonio. 

I want to see Chick-fil-A create a digital space where people who aren't Restaurant Marketing Directors or Owner/Operators can connect. 

What would a discussion forum look like if 3 key leaders from each restaurant contributed to a website that was based on making Chick-fil-A better? 

A connection will be made from Greendale, WI to Flagstaff, AZ and the business, team members, owners, home office staff, and the individual who contributed will be better for it. 

Connections. Where are the others? How do we connect them? 

I just created my own BHAG-big hairy audacious goal. I'm scared. I'm alone, and because of the current form @cfahome, this might not work.

And that's ok. I'm not scared to dance with failure, I've done it once and I plan on doing it again. 

#yourturn

No comments:

Post a Comment