Monday, December 29, 2014

Prepare to be prepared

"We have a meeting coming up."

I'm sure this phrase has been uttered by countless people banking on one thing we hope shows up at the meeting-change. 

That's what we meet for where I come from. If you aren't there to change, you didn't come with the right purpose. 

Why did it take me so long to figure it out, this meeting thing? 

Here's a short list of how great meetings are ran:
  • agenda is sent out prior to the meeting
  • the key people are invited
  • there is a time keeper and a preset length to the meeting
  • 75% of the meeting should be spent on performance issues, if you are here to communicate-send it to us in an email
  • decide who runs the meeting, and who is going to keep time
  • document all action items for follow up 
It's not rocket science. 

I have a meeting coming up tomorrow that's the first of it's kind for me. I'm super excited and ready for the challenge. 

As for finding the others-I've made considerable progress on the ODDF, before I release it, I have some more kinks to work out. The website exist, it's just rough around the edges because it's free and I don't want to pay for services just yet. When it is ready to be shown to you, my awesome readers, I'll provide a link on my website

No comments:

Post a Comment