Monday, July 13, 2015

Pareto Rule

A long time ago I listen to Jim Rohn coach me through his "Challenge to Succeed" CD. Inside one of his teachings he uncovered something for me that I knew in my mind worked, but had not yet applied. Jim showed me the power of a seminar in a sentence. I have a few that I have held onto over the years.

He said, "Look for the few things that make the most difference and then spend most of your time doing those things. If you know a thousand things for your health, you can't do a thousand. You can only do a few. So that's why you should eat an apple a day! You don't say 'In nine days I'll eat ten apples,' NO, that won't work, it's an apple a DAY that keeps the doctor away."

He said that the best kept secret of the rich is time management. He observed that both poor people and rich people had about 24 hours a day. What startling discovery he made for me! Both have equal time and yield different results.

Yesterday I reaffirmed that I love two things: my family and the outdoors.

Now how to I translate that into a wise investment of time?

If the greatest feelings I have derive from time spent in God's creation and with my family, how do I spend more time doing the things that bring me the greatest satisfaction?

Two simple things will have to be true if I am to make that a reality; my calendar and wallet have to reflect my decision. 

If I want more time, memories and love to come my way then I need to rip a page out of Jim Rohn's guide: focus on the few things that make the most difference.

This can be applied to any subject and with anybody. What few things make the most difference in your life? Leave a comment below so I can see what resonates with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment