Monday, March 31, 2014

Who is the real Truett Cathy?

One of my toughest days at work had the unique combinations of things. I was by myself on a Sunday finishing something I should have done the night before. My Operator was out of town. I was the only one in the restaurant at that time that could complete the task because of the complexity of the task. I was tired. I was worn out. I didn't really want to be there.

I was sitting thinking about where I could find some encouragement and I went to the Orientation Videos that every new hire watches. I clicked on the S. Truett Cathy Story and watched.

Everything our business is stems from who Truett is. Several examples of this would be keeping the hot food hot, and the cold food cold. Treating others with honor dignity and respect. Leading with real food. Leveraging the power of the cows. Everything Chick-fil-A does is because Truett wanted it done that way.

If you are ever in a jam, feeling down, or need a pick me up-look to Truett for guidance. Take a moment and listen to what he has to say. Read one of his four books. Watch a video. Ask people about him. By his example he can turn anything around.

No comments:

Post a Comment