Saturday, May 30, 2015

Teacher Posture

Language is crucial when training with Chick-fil-A. 

How may we serve you? versus Whatcha want?

I'm working at a unique concept this week: a Licensee Chick-fil-A at an airport. A food service company owns our Chick-fil-A and we are limited by our contract on many fronts. 

I overheard a gentleman tell another gentleman "You miss understood what I was telling you. I need this to happen," As he picked up a piece of fruit out of the bowl the team member was working on and tossed it in his mouth. 

I think I expect more experienced people to understand that when you are training, the reason someone doesn't do something correctly isn't their fault, it's the teacher's. 

I learn an important lesson today, posture yourself when teaching so that the student understands that mistakes are a communication error, not a personal error. 

*Individual results may vary. 

2 comments: