Thursday, May 21, 2015

I got written up yesterday

I've had to say this phrase to my friends and family on more than one occasion in my career with Chick-fil-A. 

It's not an easy process for the recepient or the administrator. 

A couple of things to remember when writing someone up:

Address the behavior, not the person. People are good, some behaviors are unwarranted. When you address the behavior, it leaves the person focused what to change as opposed to "my boss has it out for me" type of attitude. 

Coach
Don't just write someone up for the sake of punishment. Take time to teach them the correct way. What's free training? Coaching! 

Encourage them that they have the ability to do what's required, but have been choosing not to. "A little leven leavens the whole lump." You won't know what sort of well spring of desire you might trigger if you do this correctly. 

I'm sure when implemented the painful process of addressing and correcting behavior through discipline can become easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment