Friday, January 9, 2015

My favorite employee

I love to work. One of the reason's why I do, is that I might get a chance to help someone else with a goal, dream, or to-do list task that's important to them. 

One of our training videos is the S. Truett Cathy Story. In there Dan, Truett's oldest son says, "We tend to think that life is nothing but a series of wonderful decisions where we have this infinite wisdom and everything goes smoothy and flawlessly forward. but i would share with you that the truth of the matter is that there has been a lot of heartaches and disappointments and traumatic things that have taken place that have been real turning points for the business. Dad..." 

Even though his quote is burned in my memory I have often wondered why the home office left that in there. Of all of the great things we want to remember and know about the Cathy family, why is that there?

I think it's crucial to life. 

Nobody lives at the peaks. Nobody stays in the valleys. You are at times closer to one than the other I'm sure. 

I'm grateful that the leadership of my company says, "Hey, we know you are going to have rough patches. That's ok. We do too."

My favorite employee is the one who can handle the adversity with poise and grace. Smile when failure looks down on them. 

I want to enforce that it's ok to have a bad day, but when you spend more time on the problem than on the solution, beware. 

Focus on what your solutions are and the timeline associated with getting there, not the fact that the last three things you tried failed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment